Firmware Update History
●FW Ver.3.22 β [28 Mar, 2017]
- USB Local player
* Enhanced App compatibility for some 3rd party apps.
* Enhanced USB-DAC compatibility for some specific Accuphase / DENON / Marantz DACs
* Support for UD-503 and UD-501V2 (FW3.21 is not compatible with them.)
* Alternative renderer (Beta)
* DSD quality improvement, reduced pop noises.
* Additional Marker-less DSD support for
- LUXMAN DSD DACs
- Esoteric DACs
- DENON DACs
- Marantz DACs
- Oppo Sonica DAC
* Support DSD streaming from Minimserver
* Support DSD 512 playback on MELCO Local Play
FW Ver. 3.21 [23 Feb, 2017]
- Front panel USB port (only N1A and N1A/2 Series)
*not only be able to import files but also be able to use as an expansion port.
while USB devices are connected giving choice to import or directly play without need to import to HDD.
(rear panel expansion port can be used at the same time)
*icon changed while expansion port in use.
(3 patterns - rear/ front/ both)
- Change of appearance
*Library, renderer`s icon changed in application.
*Design of shut-down screen changed.
*Vendor name changed from Buffalo to Melco Syncrets.
- Imported music view function
*The title and format of imported music can be viewed on front display.
- File sharing
*Requires no additional access settings even under Update version of Windows10.
- Navigation tree
*Smart playlist`s favourite list threshold value from 4 ★ to 1 ★.
*Implementation of RESTORE files has been improved.
- USB-DAC connection
*New MELCO Local Play added
playback now possible from Melco to connected USB-DAC without Ethernet connection
file sharing mode OFF recommended
*New next generation "Alternative renderer (Beta)" mode added
when connected to a the compatible USB-DAC with Alternative renderer mode, [. ] showed on front display.
*MELCO Markerless DSD (Not DoP) playback supported
<Limitations with current Alternative renderer (Beta)>
A small noise may occur at the start and end of playback depending on setting of playback mode, Precision Start and DAC specification,
so caution is advised with volume level down while using Alternative renderer mode.
*USB-DAC icon shows on front display even without Ethernet connection.
- CD importing
*Improved system to check availability of Ethernet
*Display of multiple alum titles is now scrolling.
- CD transport
*Now possible to choose either import of CD or Dircet Play when a CD dive is connected to N1
CD Transport menu is deleted.
*After playing a CD, system goes to CD import menu.
Ver. 3.11 [5. August .2016]
Please do not use N1 when V3.10 FW is installed. V3.10 is not always able to accurately read the music contents of the HDD, meaning that in some cases users will not be able to see some or all of
the music on the HDD either with the control App or by Explorer or Finder on a networked computer. Continued use of V3.10 may result in non - recoverable data loss.
Please upgrade to V3.11 immediately to avoid this problem and protect your music.
(V3.00 and previous FW versions do not have the data loss problem)
FOR V3.10 USER
Step 1) Update FW to V3.11.(via Network or from USB)
Step 2) Back up if you do not have back up date already.
Step 3) Format Internal Drives from menu.
Menu – 4.Setting – 12.Drive – Select the current RAID mode
Step 4) Restore the music from the back up drive.
-New Firmware Notification
-If N1 connect to Internet, new firmware notification will show up on the display.
-Notification can be off on the setting menu.
-Improvement of Media Server
-Navigation tree update
-N1 is now able to show information of “Artist” as “Album Artist”.
-“Track Artist” will be shown under “Track” folder after Artist, Artist Index or Genre.
-Improvement of CD drives support
-Day and time will be the album name in case N1 cannot obtain Meta Date of the CD because of lack of information on database or off-line of Internet.
-Add variation of tag information for FLAC
-Add offset sampling menu
-N1 can play CD when the CD drive and USB-DAC are connected.
-Play all tracks of CD and repeat the album. (No track repeat)
-Track control on the front display
- Audio file importing features
- Added support for USB-CD/DVD/BD drives
* "USB 3.0" or front port can be used for connecting USB-CD/DVD/BD drives.
- Added support for importing Compact Disc Digital Audio as files
- CD-DA/CD Extra/Mixed-Mode CD are supported.
- Gracenote Metadata and Cover-Art
* Internet connection is mandatory.
* Metadata is mandatory. No metadata disc can't be imported.
* Cover-Arts can't be copied/moved
- Added support for DATA Disc
- Auto reconition
- behave as importing USB-Dongle / USB harddrive
- USB Local Player
To avoid unintended lack and start playback DSD/PCM files precisely with setting waiting time
- Added HybridMode
Every app for Mode 0/Mode 1 can be used.
Can set exclusively for Mode0 or Mode1 also.
- DSD over PCM playback
- Gapless playback
* Some DAC may cause gap because of its behavior
- DSD256(Quad DSD) playback
- DSD-PCM conversion playback
- Gapless playback
- DSD256(Quad DSD) playback
- Compatibility Enhancement for some DACs
- Media Server
- Genre menu supports artist filter
- Basic behaviour
- Auto Power Save
- Avoid Power-Off during USB-DAC/USB-CD connection
- Localization Enhancement
- Italy Language support
- Default Setting Changed
- Import Directrory : All (Before:Date)
- Controller : HybridMode (Before:Mode 0)
- PrecisioStart Latency : 0.75sec (Before:0)
- Update of UPnP Server to Twonky 7.2.10 (prvs 7.1.1)
- Implementation of e-Onkyo download manager (Japan market only)
- Stability improvement of DSD Local Player
- Fixed issue to revert to "system checking" on OLED display in case of interfering network traffic from some devices on the Network.
- Song title display scrolls more smoothly during playing of DSD on local USB-DAC.
- Additional "Initial Pregap" menu on the USB-DAC setting supports adjusting proper waiting time for various response times from USB-DAC to avoid cut-off audio at start of track.
- Eliminate unintended noise on WAV files with various meta data. (INFO/ID3/Pro tools etc.)
- Improved stability for DSD64/128 playback.
- Improved stability for "seek" during playback.